Get This Free Cheat Sheet Guaranteed To Help Your Next Mix

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Getting A Bass Sound In The Box

Here's a video that shows an interesting technique for getting a bass sound while mixing in the box. It's a Waves promo piece, but it has an different take on how to make the bass sound bigger and more distinct. I personally would probably approach it differently, but it's good to keep an open mind.



----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating the music business.


4 comments:

Jon Ostrow said...

Thanks for posting this Bobby - As a bass player for over 10 years, I have ALWAYS struggled with trying to get a good bass mix. This will be extremely helpful when I decide to record my next few songs.

Thanks again!

Jon Ostrow
@miccontrol

Gian Nicola Beraldo said...

Thank you Bobby,
very interesting! I can't hear bass from my eeepc though.. :-)

Best Regards
Gian Nicola

Zhopa Lysaya said...

Would you mind blogging about how you would approach it? It's a bastard to get right, especially starting out - your insight would be uber-valuable.

Jimmy said...

I don't have waves plugins, but seems like a good idea. Could you do a post on how you would do it, Bobby? Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...