1) Drummer Chris Layton and bassist Tommy Shannon are an excellent rhythm section. These guys are first class all way in terms of being able to lay down a shuffle rhythm.
2) Like most great blues drummers, Chris plays on the back end of the beat. Listen how far back the snare is. Also notice how he pushes to the front slightly during the solo to raise the song's energy, as any great drummer does.
3) The recording is very modern, with the drums present and in your face and obviously multi-miked.
4) Notice the click at the beginning of the song. This may have only been played at the intro as a tempo reference for the drummer, or it could've been an active click during the entire song. Anyone know for sure?
5) Listen for the guitar overdub during the solo. It's very simple, but perfect for the song and never makes it feel like it was overproduced.
Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating the music business.