Get This Free Cheat Sheet Guaranteed To Help Your Next Mix

Monday, September 5, 2011

Vintage Hammond B3 Vs. A Clone

I've been a Hammond organ player and lover for years. I can remember carrying my first B3 up multiple flights of steps, over bars, and onto trucks without lift gates, but that was when I was a lot younger and more eager to suffer for my art. You could never beat the sound of a real Hammond and Leslie cabinet though. But the new generations of clones and virtual instruments are getting oh-so close to where it's difficult to tell, especially if they're played through a real Leslie.

Here's a great side-by-side comparison by Jim Alfredson (check him out at organissimo.org), that shows you just how close they really are these days.



----------------------------------
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.

You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating social media and the new music business.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The venue I work at has one that is setup every Sunday. We sometimes have maybe one guy to help move it. Mind you, not the fat asshole who plays it. who complains about how its being handled and not kept clean and gets bumped around. the keys are stained orange from the hot wings he sucks down between songs. If a fire broke out Id push it myself into the flames.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...