What you're going to do is get a small 1 Gig or so flash drive and split it into two halves; open and encrypted. On the open side, create the following:
- A plaintext .txt doc titled 'EMERGENCY' with your name, address and nationality, complete with contact info in English, Spanish, and any local language of countries you might be visiting, as well as phone numbers of family, spouse or partner, band leader, tour manager, management, and anyone else appropriate.
- A credit card file with contact info of all of your credit cards. Don't include the actual card numbers, expiration dates or CVV numbers though.
- A "MEDICAL" file listing your medications, drug or food allergies, and your physician's contact info. Also clearly mark "I HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE" on it with all the numbers and contact info (assuming you have it, of course).
- A scan of your insurance card, front and back.
- A scanned copy of each of your credit and debit cards.
- The contact info, routing number and account number of your bank accounts.
- Scanned copies or digital photos of your passport and driver's license.
- If you're travelling with a laptop, smartphone or tablet (who doesn't these days), include the serial numbers and passwords for each.
- And finally, the contact info and passwords for any critical apps or plugins that you use.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.
You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating social media and the new music business.