Get This Free Cheat Sheet Guaranteed To Help Your Next Mix

Friday, August 8, 2014

Studio Designer Carl Tatz On The Latest Inner Circle Podcast

Bobby Owsinski's Inner Circle Podcast image
Carl Tatz, a former long-time major studio owner in Nashville, now builds studios for some of the town's music elite. Not only that, many feel that his innovative Phantom Focus system has taken monitoring to the next level.

On the latest episode of my Inner Circle Podcast, Carl and I discuss at length how studios have changed through the years, and the needs of current studios.

I'll also discuss artist management is more important in our Music 4.0 era, and 5 good reasons to own a turntable.

Have a listen at BobbyOInnerCircle.com.
----------------------------------

5 comments:

Dave said...

Hi Bobby. Great podcast as usual! In the latest episode in which you talked about turntables, it got me thinking about setting up my turntable once again. However, I need to get a phono preamp to connect it to my AV Receiver. Do you have any particular recommendations on phono preamps? I know there are many options and some are surprisingly inexpensive. Your thoughts? Thanks!

Dave said...

Hi Bobby. Great podcast as usual! In the latest episode in which you talked about turntables, it got me thinking about setting up my turntable once again. However, I need to get a phono preamp to connect it to my AV Receiver. Do you have any particular recommendations on phono preamps? I know there are many options and some are surprisingly inexpensive. Your thoughts? Thanks!

Bobby Owsinski said...

Sorry, Dave, no suggestions. I'm looking around myself. Doesn't your AV receiver have a preamp built-in?

cthulhu said...

Very few AV receivers have a phono preamp built in these days. And with the way that the audio market has stratified over the last 15 years, you'll probably be choosing between a $100 one and a $1000 one. But I'll bet that the $100 one is plenty adequate.

Dave said...

cthulu is correct. My receiver has no phono input on it, so it requires a preamp for proper level matching and EQ. My understanding is that phono preamps apply the standard RIAA EQ curve for the proper frequency response. I'd still be interested in hearing about specific preamp suggestions. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...