Here's an isolated guitar track from a hit off of the band's second album (High n' Dry) called "Bringin' On The Heartbreak." There are a number of things to listen for (it starts at 1:05):
1. You need headphones to hear this because it's barely audible, but at :55 you can hear the intro guitars on the left and someone giving the count ("one, two, three four") on the right side.
2. The verse begins at 1:05 with a doubled clean guitar that's spread left and right. Listen to how precise the picking is.
3. On the beginning of the B section at 1:55 there's a distorted guitar only on the right side, which turns into a big double distorted guitar spread left and right at 2:00. Once again, listen to how precise the picking is.
4. The chorus is interesting in that it's only a single note line. This is the same in every chorus.
5. Check out how the rhythm of the 3rd B section changes to increase the intensity.
6. Listen through to the end to hear a part that didn't make the record.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this blog with no cost to you.