The Delay Genie basically replaces those time delay charts that most studios used to have so you could easily set the reverb predelay and delay times when you're mixing. While most delay plugins allow you to do some form of automatic timing, the Delay Genie is different because it will allow you to easily calculate dotted notes and triplets, time denominations that are essential to a good mix and one of the tricks of most top mixers.
- delays in 1/4, 1/8, 1/6, 1/32, 1/64 note time increments
- delays in triplet time increments for 1/4, 1/8, 1/6, 1/32, 1/64 notes
- delays in dotted note time increments for 1/4, 1/8, 1/6, 1/32, 1/64 notes
As a bonus, in the Live mode, the app also calculates the delay time from the stage to a delay speaker stack in a live sound reinforcement situation.
The Delay Genie app can be used for:
- setting the delay time to make a track larger than life
- setting the delay time so it fits better in the track
- setting the delay time so it sticks out of the track
- setting reverb pre-delay time
- setting reverb decay time
Give it a shot and let me know what you think. It's now available in the Apple iTunes App Store.
----------------------------------Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.
You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating social media and the new music business.