Get This Free Cheat Sheet Guaranteed To Help Your Next Mix

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean" Demo

A few weeks back I posted Michael Jackson's amazing home demo of "Beat It." That was based solely around Michael's singing with no instrumental backing at all.

Here's a demo of his breakthrough hit "Billy Jean" that's the complete opposite in that it's thoroughly produced. In fact, it sounds so close to the final record that it seems like all they did was clean it up and give it a great mix.

Does anyone know if any of the tracks on the demo where used in the final mix?



----------------------------------

3 comments:

juanelrobot said...

Recently I found an old demo of this song (even older than this one) in a computer of my work place.
It has barely lyrics recorded, I wonder if Quincy Jones did work already on it at that phase of the song.

It's always great to hear these old demos!

Simon Tomkins Guitar said...

Hi Bobby,

Didn't they use the guitar solo form the demo in the final mix ? I think I read that in one of Bruce Swedien's books.

Simon Tomkins Guitar said...

Didn't they use the guitar solo played by David Williams on the demo in the final mix ?

Think I read that in one of Bruce Swedien's books.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...