1) The sound of the bass is interesting in that it has a lot of treble and sounds very much like a guitar at times.
2) Likewise, the part is played like a guitar. Listen to the second verse (and beyond) where Paul actually plays chords on the bass.
3) The bass is exactly doubled by a clean guitar in chorus, and it's a somewhat intricate line which is sometimes a little stiff feeling and sometimes very loose.
4) The bass part keeps changing throughout the song. Maybe evolving is a better word. Check out the way Paul plays the last verse and adds the extra notes.
5) There's a clear mistake on the outro at about 4;37, but it's at the end of the fade so you never hear it on the record.
You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating the music business.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.